Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What teaching means to me.


In the six years of my life as a teacher in various schools, in addition to the year and the prescribed months as an apprentice and a practicing teacher, I have undergone fabulous manifestations and awakened to new commitments and driving factors in life.
Teaching has helped and enabled me to lead an examined life and surface through my own ignorance and material blindness. My students have helped me and still help me, each and every living day to find and know about the true me and the way I need to perceive the world at their best. Every day as I wake up to a new dawn, and step into the threshold of my class, I perceive countless pairs of quizzical and eager eyes, beseeching to learn about life’s  mysticism adding up to my drive to strive for better and to serve to my utopian best.
The countless minute satisfaction I derive as a direct result of my students, inclusive of how to read a paragraph or how to spell a word reveals that I have achieved humble greatness and success in life. My existence revolves around my students, my successes and downfalls attributed to all my students.
Teaching has facilitated me to accept the fact that the human life is composite of faults and errors, and further assisted me to learn from my own mistakes and move further ahead in a much slower but conscious pace in achieving excellence and pleasure in my own life.
Teaching, the building upon on one’s dreams and aspirations has given me the magical potion to see through my students’ eyes and be awestruck at their infinite dreams and aims woven delicately over years and be confounded at their zeal for life and their expectations from it.
Over the past years of my career as a teacher I have been a painter, a potter, a mason, an architect, a sculptor, a philosopher, a magician, a healer, an orator and most importantly of all a guide and a friend on whom my students can adeptly rely upon. Looking back down the memory lane of my experience as a teacher, I realize now that I have chiseled away many of the rough edges of my own and of my students’ life and worked towards being respected and proud individuals.
Teaching in all my honesty and integrity is the elixir of my life.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete